1.Testo 310 Flue Gas Analyser
The Testo 310 flue gas analyser is an excellent everyday tool, which is simple to use and guarantees accurate readings. If you’re looking for a piece of kit that will give you a range of basic measurements and readings quickly with minimal hassle, this could be the perfect choice for you.
About the Testo 310
The Testo 310 flue gas analyser is a compact device, which offers you the ability to conduct basic checks and more complex measurements on a heating system. The design is ideal for day to day work, and the compact size makes it easy to carry around with you.
Although this is a great tool for everyday work, it’s also equipped to provide accurate data for more complex jobs, making it a versatile addition to your kit. Using the Testo 310 flue gas analyser, you can perform the following actions:
- Maintenance and basic safety checks
- Boiler efficiency checks
- Combustion analysis for residential properties
- Various fuel efficiency checks (you can choose from five different fuels)
What can the Testo 310 do?
The Testo 310 flue gas analyser offers a versatile array of applications. Using this device, you can measure:
- O2, CO2, CO
- Ambient CO
- Undiluted CO
- Draft and pressure
- Temperature (both of the flue and ambient temperature)
- Excess air and efficiency
When you buy the Testo 310 flue gas analyser, you will receive:
- Rechargeable battery
- Hard protective case
- USB mains cable
- Silicon hose
- Calibration protocol
- 180mm probe
- Spare pressure plugs
It is also possible to order an infrared printer with wireless capabilities
- Long battery life: the Testo 310 flue gas analyser has battery life up to 10 hours, making it ideal for long days on-site. The battery is also rechargeable.
- The compact design: when you’re transporting tools around, the last thing you want is heavy, bulky items, which are difficult to manage. The compact, simple design and large display make this is a great device for everyday use.
- Accuracy: although the Testo 310 is suitable for basic testing, it’s also renowned for its accuracy, and it can be used for a series of more complex tasks.
- Versatility and range of applications: with the Testo 310, you have access to a wide range of uses and applications, including CO levels, ambient temperatures and flue gas loss. You can also take measurements for different fuel types.
- Connectivity: it’s very easy to connect the device to the infrared wireless printer, which enables you to print readings on-site in seconds.
- Convenience: it’s common to encounter situations when you haven’t got both hands free to operate the analyser, and the Testo 310 is easy to use even when you’re tied up.
See full specification here
- Simplicity: this is an ideal everyday product, but if you’re looking for a wider range of applications or more detailed measurements, you may be swayed by a more high-spec product.
The Testo 310 flue gas analyser is a compact device, which is ideal for carrying out day to day testing. The accuracy levels are high, the analyser is easy to use, and it offers an impressive range of features, which are designed for working out in the field.
2.Testo 327-1 Flue Gas Analyser
The Testo 327-1 flue gas analyser is designed to offer testers a simple, easy-to-use device, which is suited to entry-level testing. The device is sold separately or as part of an advanced kit, which includes multiple accessories. The standard model is designed to give you a basic interpretation of what is going on inside the boiler and enable you to work quickly and efficiently.
About the Testo 327-1
The Testo 327-1 is one of the best basic testers on the market. It enables you to test efficiency, combustion, O2, CO and CO2 levels and flue draught using a large, bright digital display, which is suitable for use in dark spaces. The system is easy to navigate, and you use a simple menu to choose the type of test you want to run. You can expect accurate results within 30 seconds.
What can the Testo 327-1 do?
The Testo 327-1 offers you the ability to conduct the following tests:
- Temperature measurements
- Draught measurements
- Efficiency measurements
- Oxygen, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide measurements
The key features
The Testo 327-1 offers an impressive array of features, which make it easy to conduct accurate tests in a variety of settings and environments. These features include:
- Temperature measurements from -40 to 600 degrees
- Easy to use menu systems
- LED backlight for working in limited light
- Fast readings in under 30 seconds
- 4-line digital display, which exhibits measurements at the same time
- Robust design with ‘second skin’ for added protection
- The option to upgrade to the advanced kit
The Testo 327-1 advanced kit
This is a bundle pack, which claims to provide everything you could possibly need for day to day testing. In addition to the Testo 327-1 unit, you’ll also receive:
- 3-year warranty
- Gas probe
- Differential hose kit
- Differential temperature kit
- Carry case
- Fast printer (it is possible to order an infrared printer)
- Mains unit
- Easy to use: this device is designed with on-site work in mind, and the menu is easy to use, enabling you to devote your time to the task in hand without worrying about navigating your way around a complex setup.
- Simultaneous displays: the digital display enables you to see different test results at the same time.
- LED backlight: this is useful for working in spaces that are poorly lit.
- Versatility: the device is suitable for use with systems that use a range of different fuel types.
See full specification here
- Battery life: the battery life is fairly short at just five hours. If you’re out working all day on-site, this will mean that you have to recharge before continuing testing. The Testo 320 has 10 hours of battery life and may be a better option if you work long hours.
- Extra cost for accessories: if you want to upgrade to the advanced kit, this will cost you, although the kit does represent good value for money. Maintenance costs can be an issue though, especially the cost of servicing sensors.
This model is designed for entry-level use, and it does a good job, but if you’re after more features, it may be worth paying more for a more sophisticated and versatile analyser.
3.Anton Sprint eVo 1 Flue Gas Analyser
Touted as one of the UK’s most trusted entry-level testers, the Anton Sprint eVo 1 is the choice of many gas engineers. Part of the Sprint V family, the eVo 1 is designed to capitalise on the functionality of other models, offering engineers a reliable product that’s also really easy to use.
What can the Anton Sprint eVo 1 do?
The Anton Sprint eVo 1 is a versatile product, which enables you to carry out the following tests:
- Carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide content
- Excess air measurements
- Oxygen content
- Temperature measurements
- General boiler efficiency checks
- Carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide ratio measurements
- Timed carbon monoxide tests
When you order the Anton Sprint eVo 1 flue gas analyser, you will receive:
- Large carry bag (similar to a laptop bag)
- Protective cover
- Magnets (these are built-in to enable you to work hands-free)
- Standard flue probe
- Mains charger (240 volts)
It is also possible to upgrade to an eVo 1 kit, which also includes an infrared rechargeable printer and pipe clamp temperature probes. Access to the printer enables you to analyse test results or share your findings with customers or clients.
The Anton Sprint eVo 1 flue gas analyser has been built with the user in mind, and there’s a range of features, which are designed to make it easier to work productively and efficiently. Here are some of the key features:
- Easy to use menu and navigation system
- Hands-free operation
- Built-in memory and useful recall feature (the memory can store up to 200 test results)
- Timed testing
- Compatibility with different fuel types, including wood, gas, LPG, coal, natural gas and wood pellets
- Instant printing options for on-site use
- Rechargeable lithium batteries
- Backlit display for working in dark rooms
- Up to 9 hours of battery life and low power alerts
- 5-year warranty
- Rapid test results
See full specification here
The Anton Sprint eVo 1 flue gas analyser is one of the more basic models in the Sprint eVo range, and if you’re looking for extra features, it may be worth taking a look at the eVo 2 and eVo 3 models. The printer comes as part of an advanced kit, so you’ll need to pay more if you want this accessory.
The Anton Sprint eVo 1 flue gas analyser is a really useful piece of equipment, which goes beyond the capabilities of a basic entry-level tester. With innovations like inbuilt magnets that enable you to work hands-free and an impressive navigation system, it’s easy to work efficiently, and you’ve got all the tests you need at the touch of a button. You can print without having to save, which saves memory and there’s a recall feature, which will enable you to work faster. Battery life up to nine hours should see you through the day. If you’re not in the market for high-spec analysers, which are packed with additional features, this is an excellent choice.
4.Regin Gas Flue Analyser With Probe REGXA1
When it comes to choosing a gas flue analyser, different engineers have different requirements and preferences. If you’re in the market for an everyday device that’s incredibly simple to use and you don’t need fancy features or the latest gadgets and gizmos, it may be worth considering the Regin gas flue analyser with probe REGXA1.
About the Regin gas flue analyser with probe REGXA1
The Regin gas flue analyser doesn’t claim to be the most visually pleasing or sophisticated testing device on the market, but it does deliver on its promise to make everyday testing simple and efficient. One of the main selling points of this analyser compared to other products is the one-click function, which enables you to select the test you want and get results within seconds. Simply turn the dial to the option you want, and your results will be available shortly afterwards. This product is also versatile, as it is compatible with the most popular household fuels, including natural gas, oil, coal, propane, butane and LPG. The tester works in accordance with BS 7967 requirements.
If you choose to go with the Regin gas flue analyser with probe REGXA1, you can expect the following features:
- One-click test selection
- Easy to use
- Compatibility with popular domestic fuels
- Integral water trap
- 5-year sensor life
- Compatibility with infrared printer (available at an additional cost)
- 12-month warranty, which can be extended after annual recalibration
- Robust design
- Test reading note pad
When you order the Regin gas flue analyser with probe REGXA1, you will receive:
- The REGXA1 testing device
- Protective rubber sleeve
- Inbuilt magnet
PROS AND CONS
The simplicity of the design is both an advantage and a disadvantage. For some people, the basic operation mode and the no-frills appearance will tick the boxes, but others may be after a more advanced device. There’s a limited range of features, and this is why this is one of the most affordable options on the market. If all you want to do is carry out basic everyday tests on boilers and systems that utilise the most common household fuels, you can’t go wrong with this product. However, if you want something that offers you more in the way of applications and features that are designed to promote efficiency and give you more detailed readings, it may be best to consider spending slightly more and upgrading to a more versatile and dynamic product.
The one-click function is attractive to many. It makes life incredibly easy and you can work quickly. It is also possible to order additional accessories, such as a printer, which would give you the option to print results on-site.
The appeal of this product will come down to what you do on a daily basis and the necessity for options extras or features that are available on more advanced models. If you want an entry-level product that does the job, this could be the perfect product for you. However, if you want more and you’re prepared to pay, there are other devices that will appeal to you more.
5.Kane 455 CPA1 Kit Flue Gas Analyser
The Kane 455 CPA1 kit is a comprehensive flue gas analyser, which offers the ability to carry out a diverse range of combustion tests and assess the performance and efficiency of heating systems.
About The Kane 455
The Kane 455 flue gas analyser CPA1 kit is a professional testing kit, which gives you the opportunity to conduct a wide range of tests and analyse the performance of heating systems and appliances. The kit, which is ideal for engineers who specialise in installation and maintenance, comes with a sampling probe, which also enables you to carry out safety tests on cookers and any other flueless appliances. The kit also includes an air/liquid temperature probe.
The infrared capability is impressive, and it may set this device apart from others, as it saves time and money. Using infrared technology, the Kane 455 flue gas analyser can measure CO2 levels directly, minimising running costs and making your business more cost-effective.
With this kit, there’s a lot to take in. Aside from the basic analyser, you get a whole host of accessories and additional extras, which enable you to diversify testing and offer a broader spectrum of services. Key features of the Kane 455 CPA1 kit include:
- 5-year sensor life
- Low running costs associated with infrared technology
- Simple rotary switch operating system
- Magnets, which facilitate hands-free use
- Protective rubber sleeve to prevent damage
- Memory (sufficient space for 99 combustion test readings plus 20 pressure and tightness readings)
- Compatible with propane, natural gas, oil, LPG, wood pellets and butane
- Differential thermometer
- Instant printing and easy recording and sharing
- Appliance sampling kit
- Air/liquid temperature probe
- Gas leak detector
With the Kane 455 CPA1 kit, you can measure:
- Flue temperature
- Inlet temperature
- Oxygen, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide content
- Carbon monoxide to carbon dioxide ratio
- Overall efficiency
- Appliance testing
- Excess air
- Comprehensive kit: the CPA1 kit contains a host of accessories and extras, which enable you to access everything you could ever need on a daily basis and carry out a wide range of tests and checks.
- Infrared technology and lower running costs: most people want to save money on maintenance, and using infrared technology will help you to lower overheads.
- Easy to use rotary switch and menu
- Instant printing capabilities
- Price: the Kane 455 CPA1 kit is not the cheapest option on the market, but you do get a lot for your money, and you may find that you spend less in running costs once you’ve made the initial investment.
Some people may be put off by the price, which is significantly higher than some of the more basic models. The extras may be incredibly appealing to some, but for others, they won’t be necessary, and therefore, the additional cost can’t be justified. If you’re after an everyday model, this probably isn’t the choice for you, but if you are searching for something dynamic and versatile, this is undoubtedly an impressive product. will appeal to you more.